users@jaxb.java.net

RE: xmlns="" in direct child element.

From: Tang, Harry <Harry.Tang_at_bellsouth.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:48:34 -0400

That is exactly the case, thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Lowe [mailto:rmlowe_at_rmlowe.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 4:38 PM
To: users_at_jaxb.dev.java.net
Subject: RE: xmlns="" in direct child element.

I believe it depends on your schema, and specifically the elementFormDefault
attribute of the schema element.

If the attribute takes the value "unqualified", or if the attribute is not
present, then nested elements do *not* inherit the namespace from their
parents, but are in the "namespace with no name" (I'm sure there's a more
technical term :) ). So declaring the namespace as xmlns="" on child
elements is correct behavior in this case.

If the attribute takes the value "qualified" then nested elements inherit
the namespace from their parents, in which case the xmlns="" declarations
hsould *not* be present.

So, try adding elementFormDefault="qualified" to your schema declaration,
run xjc again and see if that gives the behavior you want.

- Rob