users@jaxb.java.net

xmlns="" in direct child element.

From: Tang, Harry <Harry.Tang_at_BELLSOUTH.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:37:42 -0500

Hi,
  I am using jaxb 1.0.1 in jwsdp1.2 package. When I marshal xml message, I always got the xmlns="" in the direct child element(s) of the root element (and only for these first level sub elements). While xmlns value for the root element is same as defined in the schema. Can anyone help me to understand this and is there some way I can get rid of the 'xmlns=""' stuff.

Thanks for any help in advance.

here is the example below:

<TRANSACTION TRANNAME="TRANSACTION" xmlns="http://www.myxmlnsdefinition">
    <NAME xmlns="">ASSGN_SCAN_OPER</NAME>
    <VERSION xmlns="">1</VERSION>
    <RECORD RECNAME="REQUEST_DATA" xmlns="">
        <CKT_ID>S 50/QQQQ/44440000/SC</CKT_ID>
        <TKT_ID>
            <TKTTypeId>10</TKTTypeId>
            <TKTTypeValue>tksValue</TKTTypeValue>
        </TKT_ID>
    </RECORD>
</TRANSACTION>

harry

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers." 113