users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Customization and XPath Expressions

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:07:04 -0700

> Thanks for looking into this. If you are right, then if any customization
> is needed, the reference implementation of JAXB cannot generate classes for
> a namespace that is defined in a collection of .xsd files using <xs:include>
> elements.

Yes it can.

> CIP4 decided to use that approach for the
> http://www.CIP4.org/JDFSchema_1_1 namespace because the namespace definition
> is so large. I'll try combining all of the .xsd files into a single file
> and see what happens.

You don't need to. If your JDF.xsd includes foobar.xsd and you want to
have a customization in foobar.xsd, write as:

    <bindings schemaLocation="foobar.xsd">
    </bindings>

Your original bindings says schemaLocation="JDF.xsd" when in fact you
are trying to point some other files.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi