users@jaxb.java.net

RE: element and type interchangeability

From: Philip A. Culver <pculver_at_bostonatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:01:13 -0400

Thanks for the quick response.

>> Is there any solution to this issue?
>
>I guess you've already considered changing the method parameter of yours
from SomeElement to >SomeElementType. Could you tell me why it doesn't work
for you? We might be able to solve >that.

I have considered this but the problem there is related to serialization and
marshalling. Currently SomeElement is passed as a method to a delegate
instance that internally uses EJBs. The delegate implementation in the
future may need to be a servlet based implementation instead of an EJB one.
If I change the method parameter type to SomeElementType then the XML
marshalling returns nothing. (The definition of SomeElementType is
primarily attributes.)

Thanks,
Phil