users@jaxb.java.net

Re: element and type interchangeability

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:51:47 -0700

> This generates a someOtherElement class that has a method getSomeElement
> with a return type of someElementType.
>
> I was expecting the getSomeElement method to return a type of someElement.
> I have an instance of someOtherElement and a method that takes as a
> parameter someElement and I would like to pass the someElement contained in
> someOtherElement to this method but this doesn't seem possible.

Unfortunately that's what the spec requires. I'm not happy about that
either, but that's the way it is defined.

> Is there any solution to this issue?

I guess you've already considered changing the method parameter of yours
from SomeElement to SomeElementType. Could you tell me why it doesn't
work for you? We might be able to solve that.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi