users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Nested anonymous complex types

From: Joe Phillips <nospam_at_JOEPHILLIPS.NET>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:27:13 -0600

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:26:08 -0700, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM> wrote:

>So I guess one thing that would help you is for a <class> binding to
>allow you to pull an interface to the top-level.
>
>While it is kind of easy to provide this functionality, unfortunately
>(for you, anyway), a <class> customization is controlled by the
>specification, and therefore I believe the RI cannot do anything other
>than what's specified.

That would indeed solve my problems. Ideally I would like to be able to configure this once (at the top-level anonymous complex type level) and have the behaviour cascade down for nested types.

>I'll forward your comment to the spec team.
>
>regards,

Is there any way for me to track the likelihood (or otherwise) of having such a feature added? Would it be appropriate to raise a bug report?

Thanks

Joe