users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB, JAXM and JAXRPC integration

From: George Datuashvili <George.Datuashvili_at_Siebel.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:10:19 -0600

I posted similar question earlier and it was met with similar silence :)

>>From other sources I'm guessing that JAXM is less and less popular and
need for unification of JAXB, JAX-RPC, as well as better XML handling
APIs for java in general (like pull parser or xpath over object model)
is a recognized and admirable goal, but so far there hasn't been a real
push for it.

Check out WebLogic8.1 and XmlBeans for an example of unified web
services and xml handling strategy that is very simple to use - although
it comes at a cost of being non-portable.