users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Document oriented XML Binding framework needed

From: Brandon Franklin <brandon_at_thoughtriver.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:34:37 +0930

> I think Brandon would like to have possibility to bind XML for which there
> is not possible to write schema. I believe that for processing such XMLs,
> DOM is the right technology.

No, I definitely wouldn't like such a technology. I think JAXB is great the
way it is. I was just clarifiying it, since I got the impression from the
original post that JAXB was being perceived as a "binding XML" technology,
rather than a "binding schemas" technology. "Binding" of XML without a
Schema just leads to sloppy XML, and no type safety.

-Brandon