users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XML schema driven editor and simpleType element

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:00:17 -0700

I guess you could do it either way.

For example, you could design your template generator to produce Java
source code for the form. Such a generated Java source code may use JAXB
for I/O, and in that way you can give users a greater customizability.

Or you can do everything in interpretive way, by having your runtime
reads the template and generate forms on the fly. If so, your runtime
has to be very generic, so I'm not sure if JAXB helps you there.

So I'd say you should play with JAXB a bit and decide if it's useful or
not by yourself.

> Also, I observe that simpleType in schema could not be converted to
> corresponded Java classes. why ? It seems some information are lost.

I think it's the opposite. Whenever we map something to Java, we are
losing some information. And if you don't like the default binding for
simple types, you can always use <javaType> customization to map it to
your own datatype class.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)