users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Problem with xsd:extension

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:21:47 -0800

I confirmed that 4800069 passes against JAXB RI FCS, while your case
fails with JAXB RI FCS.

I noticed that bug 4800069 is about on-demand validation, while David
Heath's case is about unmarshalling. So perhaps the cause of the failure
is somewhat different.

In any case, I'm sorry for your inconvenience.

> Since this problem is critical (extension is a common use)
> This would be fine if a patch is released soon.
>
> Do you have any hint about a next patch/release ?

I agree that this is a serious problem, but I'm not sure about the next
release schedule (including whether we release a patch or not.) I'll
ask the team.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)