users@jaxb.java.net

XML Schema questions

From: Sriram Thyagarajan <Sriram_Thyagarajan_at_KEANE-NNE.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:10:00 -0500

Finally I was able to get JAXB working with OC4J application server....

I have the following questions

1. When the unmarshaller is called, the entire file is parsed. The
situation I have is there will be multiple nodes in the file e.g.

<a>
  <b>
  <c>
</a>
<a>
  <b>
  <c>
</a>

Is there a way to set the number of objects created, since some of my XML
files can be very huge?

2. Is there a way to specifiy the main node will be repeated? My following
definition assumes there will be only one root element.

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

  <xsd:element name="RootNode" type="XType"/>

  <xsd:complexType name="XType">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element name="AccidentHeader" type ="AccidentHeaderType"
      minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>

</xsd:schema>

Is there a way to specify the file will have multiple AccidentHeader nodes
(no RootNodelevel)

Thanks