users@jaxb.java.net

Re: White Space Elimination Problem

From: Marcus Walls <marcus.walls_at_ASPECTIVE.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:08:20 -0700

With reference to my previous post, I have solved
several of the issues:

 - I use parse/print attributes rather than parseMethod
   and printMethod attributes referred to in the spec

 - I have managed to create a class with print and parse
   methods that are used correctly.

However my main problem of the value having the white
space collapsed before I can process it still remains.

I'm not sure whether or not this problem is the same as
the one logged on 3 Dec "Re: Validate Error" by Yuemin
Wang where he is talking about having to post process
the generated java files in order to preserve spaces?

I'm still curious what's happened to the DatatypeConverter
class - looking through the bug parade and doing a few
searches on the web, it looks as though it did once exist.

Once again, thanks in anticipation, and if there are any
samples out there to do this sort of thing, then I would
be eternally grateful to see some!

Marcus