users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Question Regarding Complex Types

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:35:38 -0800

> I am not happy about the fact that JAXB creates two interfaces for a
> complex type which then manifests themselves in two concrete classes
> forcing an inheritance hierarchy on my model? Does anyone know if there
> is there a way to generate only one class that implements both
> interfaces? If I can implement both interfaces in a single class, then
> I will not be forced into an inheritance model, then I can use the JAXB
> annotation mechanism to map to an existing class.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way out. Sounds like you are
interested in the binding of the other direction.
Please see Joe's e-mail for our position on that issue.

P.S. I accidentally sent you two forwarding requests. Sorry about that.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)