users@jaxb.java.net

Re: White Space Elimination Problem

From: Marcus Walls <marcus.walls_at_ASPECTIVE.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:43:39 -0700

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The "xs:token" does indeed sound much closer to what I'm looking
for. However, the normalisation of strings in the middle is not
good for me. Presumably there isn't a built-in type that just
trims leading and trailing white space.

Is it possible for me to define my own type that does this?

Is there some other way for me to cause some custom java code to
be applied for particular types? Either during marshalling,
unmarshalling or validation?

If the answer to both of these is no, I may have to investigate
modifying the generated code prior to compilation - any hints
as to which bits to modify (and which bits I definitely shouldn't
touch) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marcus