users@jaxb.java.net

Large schema's generate so many classes that ObjectFactory is too big for Java

From: Brent Hale <brent_at_EVENTRONIX.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:43:47 -0700

Hi,

I recently downloaded JAXB and pointed it at a Schema for an XML interface to a very popular program. It generated all the files just fine. But when I went to run a simple JUnit on it, it failed on the following line:

            JAXBContext jc = JAXBContext.newInstance("qbfcjaxb");

The error I receive is the following:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: qbfcjaxb/ObjectFactory (Code of a method longer than 65535 bytes)

And if I go into the generated ObjectFactory.java file it has over 13,000 lines of code. The size of the file is 646,666 bytes.

The architecture of building ObjectFactory this way seems to be a major deficiency; one that will limit the usefulness of the runtime implementation of JAXB.

Perhaps there is a work-around. If so, please tell me. After perusing the docomentation I still don't know how to get around it.

Thanks,

Brent