users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Support for abstract types?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:09:43 -0800

> Does this apply to xsd:substitutionGroup as well, or only xsi:type? As I've
> previously posted, JAXB could acheive some really useful and advanced
> functionality if substitutionGroups were allowed.

Substitution groups were also not supported in the beta release, ant
will not be in the next release. But justifications would be probably somewhat
different. Sorry for being unable to provide support for this, but I
hope you'd understand that we have to crawl before we walk.

> To make it easy you could even require the substitutionGroup to be the base type
> of the type of the element being declared. That way the substitutionGroup
> heirarchy would match the type heierarchy generated by JAXB.

I suppose that's one way to do it.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)