users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Appinfo annotations

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:18:47 -0800

> The following annotation caused JAXB beta to throw an error:
>
> <xs:annotation>
> <xs:appinfo>
> <Version Path="@Attribute" First="1.1"/>
> </xs:appinfo>
> </xs:annotation>
>
> It doesn't like the Version element. I would expect JAXB to
> only look for appinfo elements within a particular source
> namespace, either by checking the source attribute of the
> annotation element (if there is one), or the namespace of the
> child elements of appinfo. Since neither are specified here,
> Version should be ignored.

I agree with your expected behavior. I made a simple schema and tested
it with XJC. I got the error with beta, but didn't get any with the
current workspace. So I guess somehow we've fixed this problem since
beta.

If you have a complete schema you'd like us to try, please send it to me
so that we can make sure it works.

Meanwhile, I guess the only workaround is to remove this element from
the schema. You can write a little XSLT stylesheet to strip it away just
before you compile the schema and keep maintaining the original schema.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)