users@jaxb.java.net

Re: On Demand Validation Errors

From: Marcus Walls <marcus.walls_at_ASPECTIVE.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:06:17 -0700

> My concern was that an user/developer don't expect to see
> XML-based error messages when they are checking the correctness
> of Java objects. But it seems like you are just fine with
> seeing elements and attributes in the error message... ?

I'm fine with this for my purposes but I can see your point.

It would be perhaps more generic if the ValidationEventLocator
"object" could store this information so that developers could
choose whether to present it to the user.

The additional information I would find useful would be the
tag name and the offending value.

Presumably this would require a change to the spec though?

Marcus