users@jaxb.java.net

Re: On Demand Validation Errors

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:58:28 -0800

> I get the message:
>
> "the length of the value is 19, but the required maximum is 16"
>
> When I would like to get something like:
>
> "the length of <myValue> is 19, but the required maximum is 16"
>
> Is there any way round this?

I think this problem will also be fixed in the next release.

My concern was that an user/developer don't expect to see XML-based
error messages when they are checking the correctness of Java objects.
But it seems like you are just fine with seeing elements and attributes
in the error message... ?

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)