users@jaxb.java.net

mixed content

From: Magnus Bergman <magnus.bergman_at_voiceprovider.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:03:56 +0100

Hi, I have some questions about mixed content:

I have a schema that looks like this:
<xsd:complexType name="Cd" mixed="true">
  <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="artist" type="xsd:string"/>
    <xsd:element name="title" type="xsd:string"/>
  </xsd:sequence>
  <xsd:attribute name="model" type="xsd:string"/>
</xsd:complexType>

the corresponding xml-content would look lik this:
  <cd model="double">this is my favourite
    <artist>Red hot chili peppers</artist>
    <title>by the way</title>
  </cd>

this will result in an interface whith no getters/setters for the
attributes artist and title??.
Instead, there is a getContent()-method that returns a java.util.List?

Am I supposed to iterate through the list and test what kind of object
it is with instanceof
and than call the getValue() on that object??

How do I get hold of the character-data in the cd-element, in the
example "this is my favourite"??

Perhaps I have missunderstood some vital part, but I'm a bit confused...
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Magnus