users@jax-ws.java.net

Load Balancer Woes

From: Julian Klappenbach <jklappenbach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:55:16 -0700

We're attempting to use JAX-WS from behind a load balancer, and have
run into an issue. The problem is that each host behind the LB has
it's own unique name, and when we deploy the JAX-WS to these hosts,
the wsdl is generated with these names as part of the address to the
xsd, not the DNS name that resolves to the LB.

This is a problem, since the hostnames of each node behind the LB are
not visible.

How should this issue be solved? I tried to use the wsdlLocation
parameter on @WebService, but though the WebServiceHandler resolved
the custom wsdl just fine, the WsUtil class simply mangled the URI
(beyond belief) when attempting to load the xsd internally.

I'm using the EJB3 approach, with a @Stateless @WebService, simply
because it appeared t o save time.

I'm open to any suggestions. Ditch EJB3 and go pure descriptors? Am
I misusing the wsdlLocation by using a full url? Or is this an issue
that has yet to be addressed?

-jjk