dev@jax-ws.java.net

Re: Changes to the WSDLGeneratorExtension api

From: Doug Kohlert <Doug.Kohlert_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:34:15 -0800

I have to disagree, if you leave it as an interface and we have current
implementations of it, what happens
if we add some new methods in a future release? All implementations
would have to be updated to reflect
the new APIs, however, if you use an abstract class with default
implementations, then existing extensionhandlers
would not need to be modified. Granted, if you change existing methods
then subtle bugs will appear.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

--
 - Doug