users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Native support for additional HTTP methods

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 14:21:55 +0200

Hi Andrew,

I added 2.1-candidate tag to an issue which suggests adding PATCH method
and content type.

I'm not exactly sure how should an application handle TRACE request -
isn't that something which should be handled by the underlying container?

CONNECT is similar - what would be the usecase of handing that from
JAX-RS application? (I believe I'm not the only one who is not
considering implementing HTTP proxy as a valid usecase for REST API to
support).

Thanks and regards,
Pavel