users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Native support for additional HTTP methods

From: Andrew McCright <andymc_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 20:32:03 +0000
Hi All,

We've seen a number of requests from our customers for built-in support of other HTTP methods such as CONNECT, TRACE, and PATCH -- PATCH has been especially requested.

While it is currently possible for users to define their own custom HTTP methods, I've seen a few support cases where users are not implementing them properly - for example, one customer did not safely implement a PATCH method for case sensitivity, so when a client sent a "patch" request, they ended up with a 415.

What would you think about adding these methods as annotations in the spec?

Thanks,

Andy

J. Andrew McCright
IBM WebSphere Development