users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: servletless jaxrs in Java EE

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:10:58 -0500

Last I saw WADL doesn't understand Java methods, types, etc. Would be
similar to <servlet-mapping> except would have java method declations
(like ejb.xml).

JPA started as annotation only, then added an external (XML) metadata
descriptor. One reason for this was so that you could override settings
without recompiling code.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat