users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] doclets Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MVC

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:50:23 -0400

On 6/3/2014 10:55 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>> Another idea is JAX-RS doclet. THere seems to be a bunch of implementations floating around (swagger, jax-doclet, etc.) maybe its something that could be standardized.

I was never a big fan of WADL, but WADL seems to be relied on for auto
generation of documents.

http://fromage.github.io/jax-doclets/docs/0.10.0/html/
https://github.com/wordnik/swagger-ui
https://github.com/ryankennedy/swagger-jaxrs-doclet

I liked the doclet approach because it didn't create a compilation
dependency which means you could write JAX-RS 1.1 compatible code and
not worry about the compilation dependency if you were building against
older versions of JAX-RS.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat