users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Re: Why do we need new UriInfo Methods?

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:09:23 -0500

Its not much of an extra step, and then you are not constrained to use
the methods only on the server. A client may also want to construct
resolved and relative URIs.

UriBuilder.fromUri(uriInfo.getBaseURI()).relativize(uri);

You may also be relativizing/resolving often from a uri template:

UriBuilder.fromResource(resourceClass).path(resourceClass,
"getCustomers").resolve(uri, "12345");

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat