users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ad JAX_RS_SPEC-257: Unification of MessageProcessingException and ClientException

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 17:39:14 +0100

On Nov 5, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com> wrote:

> On 05/11/12 12:34, Marek Potociar wrote:
>> Btw. other than ranting,
>
> Will you just stop making conclusions like that ?

I'm sorry if the above offended you. I didn't mean it as offensive remark - just wanted to say, that you only expressed that you did not like it, but you did not support that by any technical argument. At least that was my feeling. I don't consider "ranting" as necessarily negative. Perhaps it's just a language issue - I'm not a native speaker myself.

> I've been thinking before sending the email of what I'm going to say, as opposed to blindly expressing my disagreement. At least I'm not changing my opinion from +0/+1 to -1 to +1.

If you indicate I'm changing my opinion, like that, it's IMO you who's being mean on purpose here, even though you are right. While I certainly don't switch sides blindly without thinking (which is what you seem to indicate) yet I do not have a problem to acknowledge I was wrong when facing sound arguments. There's nothing wrong with that IMO.

Marek