users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Re: Gzipping Interceptors

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 20:10:22 +0100

> It is still better to have the API than not to have it. JAX-RS API is
> not strictly about enforcing a correct HTTP behavior. While a
> reasonably smart user would know that using more advanced and powerful
> parts of the API has to be done with care and may perhaps even decide
> to not use it, another power-user that wants to implement a portable
> reusable feature component would use the API in a presumably correct
> way.

I think was Jan wants to express is that he shares my concerns that the
current API (or better: the JavaDocs and the spec text) makes it rather hard
to understand what that "correct" way is. See all the dumb questions Jan and
me have asked. They are not (only) caused by our repective personal
situations, but also by the unability to understand that "correct" way. What
we like to reach (Jan, chime in if you think I got you wrong) is to improve
the JavaDocs and spec text to better express that "correct" way. We do not
intend to remove or change the API.