users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Bring back BeanValidation

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:20:09 +0200

There is a release plan for Java EE 7 which tries to mitigate the risk of delaying the whole platform release further. We need to release in the beginning/middle of Feb, 2013 according to the plan. AFAIK, BV guys were only able to (tentatively) commit to the latest possible release date in the end of March which even puts them into a risk of not making it into EE 7 at all. So it's not that BV does not have to keep their final date.

Additionally, we cannot release without RI (Jersey) and in Jersey we obviously need at least a week or two to integrate released BV 1.1 which would move the JAX-RS 2.0 release to a date where we would not make it into Java EE 7 ourselves.

Marek