users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Why is Reader/WriterInterceptor generic?

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 08:39:44 -0500

On Feb 2, 2012, at 7:24 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 2/1/12 2:56 PM, Marek Potociar wrote:

>>> AFAIR, the matching algorithm first calls isReadable, which can return multiple matches. ANd then from those multiple
>>> matches pick the best one.
>>
>> I don't see that step in the spec.
>>

> It should be in the spec, IMO. I think its an issue I brought up awhile ago. For example, what if you have a generic JAXB MBR/MBW, but, you wanted to override it for a specific Java type?

 Likely this one: http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-47

 AFAICT, this should work now according to 4.2.2 step 4, assuming we sort raw types last. It wouldn't work for MBRs, though. Do you agree we should update this issue?

> Another issue I had was I had a MBW for StreamingOutput. I had to make a special case for types like that because a more specific @Produces/_at_Consumes would match.

 Not sure I follow this one. Please check if there's an issue filed.

-- Santiago