users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Why is Reader/WriterInterceptor generic?

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 19:24:36 -0500

On 2/1/12 2:56 PM, Marek Potociar wrote:

> On 02/01/2012 07:14 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
>>

>> On 2/1/12 12:58 PM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>>> Not sure I follow. What is the purpose of isReadable/isWritable then?
>>>

>> AFAIR, the matching algorithm first calls isReadable, which can return multiple matches. ANd then from those multiple
>> matches pick the best one.
>
> I don't see that step in the spec.

It should be in the spec, IMO. I think its an issue I brought up awhile
ago. For example, what if you have a generic JAXB MBR/MBW, but, you
wanted to override it for a specific Java type?

Another issue I had was I had a MBW for StreamingOutput. I had to make
a special case for types like that because a more specific
@Produces/_at_Consumes would match.

Bill
--
Bill Burke