jsr370-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

AW: Some outstanding JIRA issues

From: Markus Karg <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:49:47 +0100

Is there room for discussion looking at the time frame?

Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com> hat geschrieben:

Hi All,
hope you are doing well,

I've been inspired by Marek accepting one of Markus's proposals recently
:-), so I thought I'd review the list of the JIRA issues
I've created over the last couple of years or so which is what I did, I
marked quite a few of them as won't fix and came up with the list at [1].

I'm honestly not expecting all of them (or even some of them) be
necessarily addressed for 2.1 bubt I think fixing some of them can
improve the spec/API in some minor ways. Here are the JIRAs I think can
be of interest to resolve for 2.1.

The bugs (docs or spec):

1. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-464
ResponseBuilder StatusType is lost

2. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-424

Auto-closing InputStream issue - we actually had our tooling team
pushing back after I implemented the auto-closing due to
the tooling code reading lazily loaded DOM documents. It is probably
more of the docs issues as opposed to the spec issue

3. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-483
The docs issue which confused some of our users. Santiago commented he
was seeing the point made.

4. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-396

Minor MediaType.isCompatible issue

Some improvements:

1. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-433
'Direction' of bean validation exceptions - i.e did it happen on the
input or output

2. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-454
     https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-370

Get the properties visible to service classes and to MBR/MBW, something
Markus was also asking about recently

3. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-370
(with a link to a JIRA also created by the other user)
@Produces for ExceptionMappers

4. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-437

Mapping matrix parameters without values to Boolean when possible, it
will align if with the related WADL text well

5. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-458

The list of binding annotations improvement

6. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-491
Optional 'doc' property to all of JAX-RS annotations

The 'scene' of documenting JAX-RS services is in a bit of disorder right
now. Some people use JavaDocs, some custom annotations such as Swagger, etc
Simple fix - lots of consolidation at the tooling/code generation level
may be possible due to it.

7. https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-486

StreamingOutput MBR

[1]
https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-425?jql=project%20%3D%20JAX_RS_SPEC%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20reporter%20in%20%28currentUser%28%29%29

I honestly hope some discussion will follow - hate to see the list being
not alive...

Sergey