jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: JAX-RS.next

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 10:20:54 +0100

Hi Bill
On 06/06/13 00:22, Bill Burke wrote:
> I'm sorry to rant a little bit, but I don't understand how you guys can
> release a specification that still has outstanding challenges/bugs with
> the TCK. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the majority of new tests were
> added with the April 30th TCK drop. You gave us basically 24 days to
> test drive this TCK. A TCK that takes more than 1 hour to run on my
> Quad-core 2.85 Ghz I7 machine.
>
> I found a bunch of confirmed bugs that were not fixed until May 24th,
> the JAx-RS 2.0 specification release date. There was no check to see if
> these bugs were actually fixed until later. I still have a couple of
> challenges/bugs reported prior to May 24th that haven't been resolved
> and that are definitely TCK bugs. And a few new major bugs reported
> post May 24th after running with the new drop. Every day that ticks by
> that these issues aren't resolved is another day Jersey gets to be the
> sole JAX-RS 2.0 implementation.

The last sentence is a bit funny, sorry I know it is not for you :-).
It is probably good for CXF though which is still few months away from
getting all of 2.0 done, otherwise we would have two TCK compliant 2.0
implementations out there, not only one as it stands at the moment :-)

Seriously, I'd not mind the final API announced say in the end of the
year, but I think it is simply to do with the release date for all of
the EE spec suite, the synchronization issue.

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
Talend Community Coders