jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Section 2.3.2 conflicts with third-parties

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 11:45:18 -0500

myself and users have come across a situation where we want to include
an *optional*, non-annotated Application instance in our third-party
library distributions. The problem is section 2.3.2 states that all
Application classes have a servlet defined and added for them whether
they are annotated with @ApplicationPath or not. Those not annotated
that don't have a servlet mapping will cause a deployment exception.

IMO, this wording should be changed. If there is no servlet-mapping for
the automatically added servlet, then this should result in not
deploying the Application.

I dont think this is a backward compatibility issue. Existing
applications will still run if the wording is changed.