jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Not a big fan of @NameBinding, remove it?

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:45:00 -0500

On 2/20/2013 10:23 AM, Santiago Pericas-Geertsen wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2013, at 8:50 AM, Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> I can only repeat myself. We're past the point of removing and adding pieces of API just because you are "not a big fan" of them. This API has been discussed at length and often offers a simple and nice way for binding providers.
>>

> My thoughts exactly. We also spent a good amount of time discussing with the CDI folks to align with them. This is not a new pattern.

Just because CDI has it doesn't mean JAX-RS has to have it. You guys
came up with DynamicFeature, and, in my opinion it is far superior to
what CDI has. Be proud! :) The CDI approach just falls face down when
there is any per-method initialization that needs to be done.
Per-method initializatoin is pretty common.

But anyways, I'm just glad at least with my O'Reilly book that I have
such a wide audience of users that I can persuade to steer clear of
JAX-RS features I don't like and are just plain bad practice. You'd be
surprised how literally people take suggestions from a book. Just
saying... :)