jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ad JAX_RS_SPEC-257: Unification of MessageProcessingException and ClientException

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 17:56:41 +0100

On Nov 5, 2012, at 5:47 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com> wrote:

> On 05/11/12 16:42, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>> On 05/11/12 16:39, Marek Potociar wrote:

>>> I'm sorry if the above offended you. I didn't mean it as offensive
>>> remark - just wanted to say, that you only expressed that you did not
>>> like it, but you did not support that by any technical argument. At
>>> least that was my feeling. I don't consider "ranting" as necessarily
>>> negative. Perhaps it's just a language issue - I'm not a native
>>> speaker myself.

>>> If you indicate I'm changing my opinion, like that, it's IMO you who's
>>> being mean on purpose here, even though you are right.
>>
>> It was a bad style, I'm sorry.
>>
>> Cheers, Sergey
>>
>>> While I certainly don't switch sides blindly without thinking (which
>>> is what you seem to indicate)
>
> This is some more noise from me - but I was not referring to you with this last piece. I spent some time with trying to come with some more arguments against the refactoring - I postponed replying to it yesterday as needed more time and I was saying exactly that, I was not just typing blindly away, in response to the "rant" one
>
> Anyway, sorry again and I'm off this thread

Now I feel bad. I did not want to discourage you from sharing your thoughts on this thread. I just wanted to say that you did not give me a valid reason why you think we should not to make that change. Please, if you feel like we should discuss this further and investigate more options, feel free to voice your opinions.

Marek