jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Request interface duplicates MBRs, HttpHeaders and UriInfo

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 12:43:26 -0500

On 1/30/12 11:48 AM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi,
> On 30/01/12 16:34, Bill Burke wrote:
>>

>> On 1/30/12 11:21 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>>> Let me know what are your thoughts on the whole subj.
>>>

>> I don't care that much, but, as I said before Request/Response have
>> methods that don't make sense in different contexts I can see that the
>> name of of some certain methods don't make sense on HttpHeaders (like
>> getRequestHeaders()).
>>
>> Maybe a deprecated HttpHeaders and define a unified Headers interface?
>> Request/ResponseHeaders are pretty much the same as it is.
>>

> I'd go with two different interfaces given that some http headers are
> not quite applicable in the client context, such as
> getAcceptableMediaTypes, etc and I guess same can be said to some of the
> headers in the server context.

Then I'd like to point out certain methods aren't applicable on Request
and Response in certain context's i.e.:

* readEntity for a client Request or a server Response
* all the evaluatePreconditions methods on Request
* bufferEntity() on server Response
* close() on a server Response

In fact, there are far more methods on Request/Response that don't make
sense in certain context's than there would be with a unified
HttpHeaders interface.

I don't really care that much, just pointing this out.

Bill