jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Request interface duplicates MBRs, HttpHeaders and UriInfo

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:48:18 +0000

Hi,
On 30/01/12 16:34, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 1/30/12 11:21 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>> Let me know what are your thoughts on the whole subj.
>>

> I don't care that much, but, as I said before Request/Response have
> methods that don't make sense in different contexts I can see that the
> name of of some certain methods don't make sense on HttpHeaders (like
> getRequestHeaders()).
>
> Maybe a deprecated HttpHeaders and define a unified Headers interface?
> Request/ResponseHeaders are pretty much the same as it is.

I'd go with two different interfaces given that some http headers are
not quite applicable in the client context, such as
getAcceptableMediaTypes, etc and I guess same can be said to some of the
headers in the server context.

Options 2 or 3 (with some updates) would be my favorites,
Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
Talend Community Coders