jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Proposal for merging HttpRequest/HttpResponse with the existing Request/Response API

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:58:10 +0100

Looks great, especially having a single Response entity.

I'd propose to drop Response.bufferEntity() as it has no real use on the
server side, and on the client side, when one really needs to delay
processing a response, one simply can do Response.getEntity(...) and
keep whatever the result is until later.

The other thing is whether we can change Response.getMetadata()
returning MultivaluedMap<String, String> ? I think that in JAX-RS 1.1
Response is mainly processed by the server runtime and is not visible to
writers. In CXF Response is visible on the client side but that API is
not a standard one and besides I think dealing with
MultivaluedMap<String, String> is simpler anyway.

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com