jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Removing command pattern simplifies things

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:35:45 +0200

Hi Sergey,

On 08/29/2011 05:09 PM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Sure I understand that - my point is that we have request() in order to accommodate invoke() which is a corner case
> IMHO.

The purpose of request() is not to facilitate invoke(). The purpose of request() is to make sure that Target does not
have to declare all the HTTP request header mutator methods, which would be against Separation of Concerns, Single
Responsibility and Interface Segregation OO design principles.

Marek