jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Issue priorities

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:40:50 +0200

Roberto,

the proposed priority grouping looks good to me.

My opinion is, we should just process the list from top to bottom now and
stop when time runs out (with processing I mean, we should discuss the
possible solutions, wait until the RI team and other teams have a core
prototype, and then agree upon an API for the particular issue depending on
the experiences with the core prototype). After that, all non-finished items
should be kept in the list for 3.0 or 2.1.

In contrast to Bill I do not see the need to first finish a complete draft.
For me, it is OK if we agree upon each single item step by step and write
the textual spec content after that, so all implementors will have had
enough time to check out their particular implementations' problems far
before the draft is written. In the end, the way from draft to final release
will be much faster then.

Regards
Markus