users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.Message1_1Impl cannot be cast to com.sun

From: phoneynk <vaish.ankur_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 00:07:42 -0700 (PDT)

I faced similar problem and find the solution on

http://blogs.sun.com/fintanr/entry/saaj_classcast_error_with_jdk
http://blogs.sun.com/fintanr/entry/saaj_classcast_error_with_jdk

Workarounds
A couple of workarounds exist, namely things I really don't like as the vary
from environment to environment e.g. placing endorsed libs in place. A more
generic workaround is to add an extra startup option of

-Djavax.xml.soap.MessageFactory=com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl

which eliminates the problem, but may have implications for other aspects of
your application, so use with caution.