users@jax-rpc.java.net

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.Message1_1Impl cannot be cast to com.sun

From: RichardCromer <richard.cromer_at_itt.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 06:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I have written a small web service client using JWSP 2.0 and am now trying
to run it. When I do I get the message:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.Message1_1Impl cannot be
cast to com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.MessageImpl
          at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StubBase._postSendingHook(StubBase.java:231)
          at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:324)
          at staticstub.ServicePortType_Stub.sayHello(Unknown Source)
          at staticstub.HelloClient.main(Unknown Source)

I looked on the web for this problem and it seems there is a bug in the way
the JDK 1.6(which is the SDK I am using) and JAX-RPC communicate through
MessageImpl. Based on some workaround recommendation, I made sure the
jaxrpc saaj-impl.jar appeared first in my classpath but that did NOT make a
difference.

I am relatively new to this and really don't know how to debug these
problems. Can anyone help me with a workaround, or better yet, a solution.
Please provide details.

My Environment:

Windows XP, SP2
JDK 1.6