users@jax-rpc.java.net

Use WSCompile to generate server Tie, and Tie is never used!

From: kdduncan (sent by Nabble.com) <"kdduncan>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:32:10 -0800 (PST)

I have a webservice that needs to use WSSecurity. When I specify the 'security' option for WSCompile, stubs and ties for the webservice use the com.sun.xml.rpc.security.SecurityPluginUtil class to process the security configuration file I gave WSCompile.

My problem is that the server side of my webservice is deployed as an EJB and my WSCompile-generated tie class is never used! Messages sent to the webservice are directed to my EJB based on my ejb-jar.xml and webservices.xml files, and the Tie class is never invoked (so my security requirements are not processed).

Does anyone know how to deploy an EJB webservice in such a way that the Tie class is used to call the service endpoint EJB?

The JWSDP 1.6 has a security example but it deploys its service endpoints as servlets in a WAR file using WSDeploy. I'm following the example as closely as possible but I've got to deploy my endpoint as an EJB in an ejb-jar file, so WSDeploy is not appropriate.

I'm using J2SDK 1.4.2 with JWSDP 1.6 libraries and deploying on JBoss 4.0.2. I use XDoclet to generate my ejb-jar.xml file and my webservices.xml file is written by hand.
The webservice used to run without any security, and I generated all the classes I needed by using the 'import="true"' WSCompile option, which generates request/response structs but not stubs and ties. Now I use 'server="true"' and a second call with "client="true"' to get the stubs and ties, and my client side successfully uses the stub (and security plugin) to make the WS call.
Sent from the JAX-RPC - User forum at Nabble.com.