users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Use WSCompile to generate server Tie, and Tie is never used!

From: V B Kumar Jayanti <Vbkumar.Jayanti_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:23:51 +0530

Hi,

    If you want security for an EJB WebService you should seriously
consider using Sun Application Server 8.2 or Sun Application Server 9.0.

   Here are some documents that you can use understand how to secure an
EJB Webservice. You client can still be a JWSDP 1.6 client and your
server can be hosted on Application Server 8.2.

 There are jwsdp facilities for securing wenb services messages, and the
methods for configuring that functionality differs from the methods
provided in sun the appserver to configure message layer security. Both
mechanisms are implemented by common code; and the focus of the
appserver has been to ensure that these mechanisms can be bound to
existing apps without changing the application. Please look at the
below link.

http://docs.sun.com/source/819-0076/ws-security.html

These instrcutions should be sufficient to guide you through this
process; assuming you are using the appserver configuration mechanisms.

It sounds like you may be trying to configure a stand-alone client of an
appserver hosted webservice; if this is the case, I think you will need
to use the jwsdp config mechanisms on the client; but you should be able
to use the appserver mechansims at the EJB endpoint.

Thanks...