users@jax-rpc.java.net

Question about security

From: Mariano Garcia <mgarcia_at_entel.es>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:53:29 +0200

Hi all,

I have a problem with a webservice using jax-rpc. The server in which
the webservice is going to be deployed needs a HTTP basic authentication
(I mean, when I try to load a web page from that server, a dialog answer
me to put a username and password).

>>From client side I use stub properties in order to authenticate:

stub._setProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY, "username");
stub._setProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, "password");

Is there any way to get this values from server side? I have tried to
use ServiceLifecycle and ServletEndpointContext classes, but I don't how
to use them correctly.

Tips?

Thanks a lot,

--
Mariano García González :: Analista Programador
Entel IT Consulting, SA