users@jax-rpc.java.net

Determine address of the client in JAX-WS 2.0, etc...

From: Dmytro Rud <unixoid_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:14:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I use JAX-WS 2.0 and try to implement a simple client accounting using
SOAP handlers. How can a service-side SOAP handler determine the
requester's address (IP/FQDN)?

Other minor questions and suggestions:

1. I have deployed a single WAR with two web services --
   CurrencyConverter and BatchCurrencyConverter. Both pages --
   http://localhost:8080/testproject1/CurrencyConverter and
   http://localhost:8080/testproject1/BatchCurrencyConverter --
   show the same overall table describing the two web services.
   It doesn't give any troubles, but looks a little bit illogical.

2. The only operation of BatchCurrencyConverter calls CurrencyConverter,
   and every invocation of this operation is accompanied by a refetching
   of CurrencyConverter's WSDL document. Why? Can it be somehow
   reconfigured to fetch the WSDL document only once, e.g. immediately
   after the initialization of the web service's servlet?

3. When a method that returns void is annotated @Oneway, wsgen/apt task
   should extra check if this method is declared to throw an exception.
   Currently (JAXWS_SI_20050929) it is possible to generate and deploy a
   web service with exception-throwing oneway operations/methods, but
   problems come naturally while calling wsimport to generate a client.

Thank you in advance.

--
        rnd.