users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Using local transport when hosting JAX-WS services

From: Vincent Lamareille <vinc_at_sorengo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:34:17 +0200

Hi all,

Seems that I have an identical question.

Here is my use case: I want to run on the same platform a core app
(written in Java managing user interface and a heavy data model), and
legacy processes called by the core app.
Looks like a WS problem, without the Web. That's also that we do when
testing WS on localhost.

Are there well known issues about this kind of architecture, that is a
WS framework to integrate locally legacy code?
Would it be simpler, faster (?) to use a local transport instead of
HTTP?

Thanks,

Vincent