users@jax-rpc.java.net

Null value as input

From: Mariano Garcia <mgarcia_at_entel.es>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:41:24 +0200

Hi all,

I need to do a webservice that receives two dates as input message. This
is the input message:

<wsdl:message name="getAlarmsRequest">
        <wsdl:part name="dateFrom" type="xsd:dateTime"/>
        <wsdl:part name="dateTo" type="xsd:dateTime"/>
</wsdl:message>

One of the service specs is that the client can call this service using
null values (in this case the service will use the current date). Is
this possible? how? My client crashs when it tries to send the request:

[java] java.rmi.RemoteException: unexpected null value for literal data;
nested exception is:
[java] unexpected null value for literal data

Regards,

--
Mariano García González :: Analista Programador
Entel IT Consulting, SA